Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Sickness already. :(

After last spring and everybody being sick back to back for 4-5 months and then throw in Courtney's parasite and sprained wrist, I was really hoping we would have a better start to the cold and flu season than we are! Courtney came into my room at midnight last Saturday and said, "Mom, I don't feel good."  I asked her what hurt and she responded with, "my stomach."  I asked her if she felt like she was going to throw up and she said yes. She looked so pale!  This poor girl threw up FIVE times last spring after never throwing up in her life, so unfortunately, she knows the feeling.  Matt took her downstairs and they camped out on the couch and watched a movie for awhile. About 3 am, I heard a bunch of rustling downstairs and she threw up! Poor girl!! Since she had so much practice last spring, she made it to the bathroom and did not make a mess!  She was feeling much better in the morning, but still stayed home from church just to be safe.  I am not sure if it was something she ate or not because after she threw up, it was all over.

Now that Courtney is better, I am dealing with a certain one year old with a cold and probably on the edge of bronchitis. Again, we have been through this many times with Christian and once we started hearing him breathe pretty heavily, we pulled out the albuterol and gave him a treatment. We don't even take our kids to the doctor for this anymore!! He sounded pretty bad today because of all the drainage in his throat, but he never had a fever and never crashed for a few hours like my kids usually do with this. It may still be coming.  I have ibuprofen on hand if he needs some. 

This poor kid is also dealing with flare-ups of eczema again, so I am not quite sure what I should do with him. He has a spot on his hip, spots on his back and behind his head, and there are bumps up and down his arms.  His pediatrician will just tell us to put steroids on it, which we have tried, but it comes back. If I take him to a dermatologist, they will just say, "moisturize, moisturize, moisturize," which we do, but I want to get to the root cause. I know it is getting colder and dryer out, and that is causing it to flare up, but why can't his body get it under control? Our chiropractor says that he is fighting too many things at once and his body just can't keep up. But what is he fighting?? That is the million dollar question!  Now that we have hit our deductible for insurance, I have been seeking some natural-minded doctors and seeing what tests they have available and how much they cost (and if they are covered by insurance).

Megan is also dealing with her own issues of eczema again. Her hands have been soo dry and crack so bad that they bleed. I tell her to continually keep lotion on them, which she tries, but they still dry out and crack. Again, I am not sure if I should pursue this or not. Her eczema is also back on her shins. This was all gone at one point!!

As for Christian, I think he is perfectly fine. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment