Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Late nights!

Usually after the kids go to bed, I come back downstairs and sit on the computer for awhile. I check Facebook. I respond to emails. I blog. I just sit and enjoy the silence.

Lately, I have spent this time grading papers.  It is not my favorite thing to do at 10 pm, but I get the job done, and we are getting through school sooo much faster during the day. I think part of it is because I grade everything the night before, but also because Micas is entertaining himself! I feel like we are almost back to where we were before he was born!

Last night, I came back downstairs about 10 pm and started grading papers. I finished about 10:30 and finally headed to bed. I was a little frustrated because I can't grade papers until I get Micah to bed. The later he goes to bed, the later I am up. :(  I tried to grade papers tonight BEFORE everybody went to bed, but that was mad chaos. I had one girl who needed help on homework, but was playing Minecraft (Courtney), one boy who was working on his homework  and still had more to do(Christian), and a one year old who was getting fussy and needed mom all the while I was trying to grade Megan's science journal, and trying to figure out what she was meaning on some of the answers! And where was Matt? In the basement doing his own thing.  He told me tonight that the kids have too much homework and if it takes them longer than an hour at night, then it is too much. I responded that if they were in public school, they would have 3-4 hours work a night! My kids just didn't have time this afternoon to get it done like they usually do.

Tomorrow will be better. We will have about 1 1/2 hours of school in the morning and then we head off to the learning center for their classes. We get home about 1:15 and after lunch, we usually get back to school about 2. We work then from about 2-3:30 or 4.  Wednesdays are out shorter days, but it is a good break in the middle of the week. Megan also has youth group tomorrow night, and Courtney now has basketball practice on Wednesday evenings.

We are still adjusting to everything, but we will get there. Even if it means less sleep for mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment