Thursday, October 12, 2017

Megan's favorite day!

Megan is so excited for tomorrow. It is their first day of "Homeschool Teen Serve," and she has been waiting for it to start back up this school year! I think it is her favorite homeschool activity!

She made some great friends last year while she was participating, and she is anxious to see them tomorrow. I am sure it will be like the first day of school. :)

I volunteered to help check kids in, but when I volunteered, I didn't know I had to be there earlier. (I should have assumed!)  I got a text message today saying I was on to help, and I needed to be there about 15 minutes earlier than I would otherwise! I sure hope my kids go to sleep tonight because I am getting them up about an hour earlier than usual!

Micah should be ready! He fell asleep on Megan's lap tonight around 6:15 pm.  She laid him on the floor while we all ate supper, and he didn't budge. I woke him up a little around 8 to change his diaper and to keep him up for awhile.  I didn't want to be up until midnight with him! (It is not unusual for him to fall asleep around 6 for awhile because he doesn't nap at all during the day, but usually he wakes up after about an hour.) Once he was awake a little, he just fussed and fussed, so I rocked him back to sleep. I put him in bed about 8:30 pm, so hopefully he will sleep all night! He didn't have supper at all. At least he has a fresh diaper and pajamas on!

Megan and Christian are in this little habit of reading books until I go to bed and turn my light off. Sometimes I am up planning school until 10:30 pm or so, and when I go upstairs, their lights are still on and they are still reading books. I am going to shut the light off at 10 pm tonight. I need them to go to bed!

After teen serve is over tomorrow, the girls are going to help their grandma cater tomorrow night. Tomorrow is a day of serving; sharing the love of Jesus with others!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment