Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Last day in my 30's!

Another decade has come to an end. I officially turn 40 years old tomorrow. 

I should probably make a bigger deal about this all, but I am not. I am not one who likes the center of attention. I would rather this day would just come and go like any other. (That's probably wrong of me to say that!)

People have offered to do things for me tomorrow and it has been hard for me to say "yes." I am not used to deciding what "I" get to do. I eventually came around because I don't want to regret anything. I also don't want to take this opportunity away from people who want to do something nice for me on my birthday. Why shouldn't I let them? Seriously?? Somebody do something for me once? Why am I not jumping on the chance?? I would be crazy not to!

Then there are my children who say things like  "Come on, mom, you're turning FORTY!! That's a BIG deal!" (These are also the same children who want me to leave tomorrow for awhile because they are plotting something. I am not sure what, but I figure I will just let them do their plotting!)

I have heard this many times this week. "Come on, mom. You are turning FORTY. It's a BIG deal!!"

Thanks, children. Thanks a lot!




No comments:

Post a Comment