Saturday, October 28, 2017

Writing Sentences takes how long??

We have resorted to writing sentences around here instead of going to "time out" for Christian.  We didn't feel that "time-outs" were doing any good anymore, and his behavior was not improving. Little did we know that this would takes MUCH longer than the seven minutes he would sit in the corner.

Yesterday he earned 20 sentences. Every time he hit his brother, he earned five sentences. He did this twice, so he had to write, "Micah is my brother and I will not hurt him in any way" ten times.

He also took 50 minutes yesterday to go to the bathroom and get dressed!!! Seriously!!  For being this late to school, he wrote "I will get dressed when I am told" ten times also. Apparently he was playing cars in his room while he was supposed to be getting dressed.

He started these twenty sentences at 1 pm this afternoon. I said he had to write ten before I would let him get up. I don't think he got up until at least 4 pm.  I let him get a drink and a snack and then it was back to the last thirteen.  He had earned an additional three because he kept turning around and watching Courtney play Minecraft while he was supposed to be writing.

He finished all 24 sentences (he earned another one for raising his voice at me tonight) at 8:30 PM!!!!!!

This child spent 7 1/2 hours today writing 24 sentences. WOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment