Friday, August 5, 2016

UP Again!

Micah has been doing sooooo well at night lately. He has sometimes slept up to 10 hours at a time and it has been wonderful! I thought our visits of 2-3 hours at 2 or 3 in the morning were over.

I was wrong.

Last night, we were up for awhile. He woke up at 2:45 and I let him cry a little bit. Around 3:15, I went in there because the other kids were starting to stir.  After nursing, watching Olympic videos on the computer, lots of rocking, some more crying, and some sweet talking him into going back to sleep, he finally fell back to sleep about 5:15 this morning. Matt actually came into his room about 4:45 and was wondering what was going on. I refused to nurse him for a 2nd time to get him to sleep, so he was having quite a fit.  He eventually fell asleep on my chest.

I went back to bed after he went back to sleep. Guess who was back up by 7:15? Micah!! What??  I got up, nursed him, and of course, he went back to sleep. I wish I could go back to bed!! But now I have the bigger kids to get up with!

After I got thinking about why we were up half the night when we had been doing so well, I thought about what I had to eat yesterday. I had been putting some of his foods back in my diet, and I had about five things off his list yesterday! (Three things at the same time for lunch) I probably just overloaded his body. I guess I won't do that again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment