Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Blog anytime soon?

You know you haven't blogged in awhile when google requires you to remember your password to log back in....I guess I have been too busy keeping my 8 month old occupied. Why can he not occupy himself these days??

Speaking of the eight month old, he is now crawling!
Not far, but he is finally figuring it out.  His poor knees get so rough from the carpet and his face is a little bit redder too. I think we need to get the carpet cleaned and get all the allergens out. We will get to the bottom of his eczema some day! He also loves to walk when somebody helps him, so I bet he will be walking sometime soon too!

Because Micah is getting around now, I have a rule that no Legos are to be in the living room anymore. They have all been moved into the piano room for now, but once he gets super fast, they will have to be picked up too. When this happens, I think we have two options at that point. Our first option is to put up baby gates and gate off the piano room. Yes, put the big kids in the baby gates! Our second option is to move the Legos somewhere. This "somewhere" would probably be the basement, which is not finished yet.

Speaking of basement, I finally convinced Matt to finish it! I need some school space! My kids are going to be doing a lot more independently this year, and I really want them to have desks. Matt has not worked on the basement in over three years, even though everything we need is down there.  All we have left is to put the woodwork up and get carpet. Matt started putting the woodwork up last weekend, so maybe this weekend, he can finish it. Then it is off to a store to purchase some good, cheap basement carpet and we can move our stuff down there! We have decided that he can still have his couch and big screen, but the kids get desks. It will work!

The kids are super anxious to get going on school. That is a post for another time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment