Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Courtney has a new look!

The other day, I took the girls to the orthodontist to get impressions done for their palette expanders.  Courtney was really nervous (crying)and I walked back with her, but after she got calmed down, I took Christian and we went back up front.

After a little bit, Megan came back out. Her xrays and impressions were done. She also had spacers in mouth to move her teeth apart, so they could get her palette expander in next week.

But things were taking a little bit longer with Courtney.  I looked back to where she was and I noticed the orthodontist was working on her.  I really didn't think anything of it.

After a few minutes, the orthodontist came out to the waiting room and said to me, "Well, we went ahead and put Courtney's braces on today.  I just thought it would be easier for next week." My jaw dropped! He put her braces on!! That wasn't the plan! As nervous as she was! He went onto say that he asked if it was ok with her and she said, "I don't care," so he went ahead and did it!

I almost ran back there and she smiled at me with four brackets on her front teeth. She had requested star brackets and yellow bands. She was pretty cute!! I wish I would have known though- I wanted to take a before and after picture!

Next week, she will get two more brackets put on her back molars and a full wire on her top jaw.  She just has a short wire now going between the four brackets in the front.  She will also get her palette expander and a spacer on the bottom. I can understand why he wanted to get those on this week! It will be less for her to get used to next week! She has had them for about a day now and I think she is getting used to them. She also has rubber band spacers between her teeth to loosen them for her palette expander next week. 

I am amazed that when I took them to the dentist last, he said, "perfect princess smiles" like he always does and said she had no trouble with her teeth. I may have a word with him about how her teeth are not so "perfect" and he really needs to catch problems like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment