Thursday, April 30, 2015

Back to School Tomorrow!

We have had a very nice spring break! Now it is time to get back to business!

Today we finished cleaning the house.  I found the kitchen counters and got everything from our trip put away. The kids also found the living room floor. They spent 2 1/2 hours sorting legos! They kept saying, "I never want to do this again." My reply was, "Then don't make it a mess again!!" (This was a lego mess that was made before we went on our trip.)

Now with that all done, I can focus back on school.

It might be kind of hard getting back to school on a Friday, but I think we will go slow and just get done what we can get done.  I have decided to change some things going forward, so we will see if these changes work. If not, we can go back. When I was at the homeschooling conference about a couple of weeks ago, I heard one mom say that they do school for eight weeks and then take a week off, then do another eight weeks and take a week off.  This is something I would like to try to implement.  We have taken two trips during this school year, so I think going for eight more weeks is a reasonable request.  Courtney has six weeks left in her spelling, so we will try to finish some other things around the six week mark. We will see how the other subjects end up.  We will definitely be doing math for longer than that (Megan has 50 lessons left).  I would also like to incorporate Christian more into school or do more things with him individually. I also got some suggestions on how to do this at the conference.

I actually miss teaching the kids and am anxious to get back to it, but it's always nice to have a break!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment