Sunday, April 5, 2015

An interesting Easter!

Easter was a little different this year for a couple of reason:

1.  We had NO family parties on Easter Day.  Both families held them on other days, so we had nothing to do today! It was so weird going to church and then coming right home for lunch. It was weird seeing a lot of people in the neighborhood have family over, but we were at home, all by ourselves! (Actually it worked out great because I had stuff around the house I needed to get done!)

2.  The Easter bunny got lazy this year. :(  Now that the kids are older and I have them with me 24 hours a day, it is SUPER HARD to go shopping for items to put in their Easter baskets!  Honestly, I was just going to skip the Easter baskets and was hoping they wouldn't remember, but leave it to Courtney to remember! We got home from grandma's house last night and she ran right downstairs and pulled up the three Easter baskets!  She put them on the fireplace and told us that she will be up bright and early to see what he brought her! Now we were stuck, we had to do something.

After the kids went to bed, I looked at Matt and said, "What are we going to do? I didn't have time to go buy anything. Do you have any good ideas?" He said, "Let's put money in them, they'll love money."  So we did! We decided to give them each $10, but not just a ten-dollar bill. For Courtney and Christian, we took five eggs and put a one-dollar bill in each egg.  We then took five more eggs and put four quarters in each.  This way, they each had ten eggs to open. For Megan, we took five eggs and put one dollar in each egg and then gave her a five-dollar bill in the last one. I guess when you are trying to find money at the last minute, you take what you can find!  Matt and I then threw in two eggs each of candy!

When they opened them this morning, they had smiles on their faces! They loved it! I think it went over much better than "stuff" and it is much more useful! We may just give them money every year!

3.  Honestly, I think we got about as much candy for Easter between family and egg hunts as we do for Halloween!  I don't let my kids each much candy because of the sugar and the food dyes, but they have been having some here and there. It's ok. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment