Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Jumping Fish??

We had a fish emergency today. Megan went into her bedroom this afternoon to do her homework and discovered that one of Courtney's new fish, which we have had about a month, was on the floor!! I heard her shriek and asked her what was wrong. She said that there were only three fish in the tank instead of the usual four. I went upstairs to investigate, but in the meantime, Courtney started to cry.  She has had a real hard time keeping fish alive lately. She loves them with her whole heart and can't stand it when any of them die!

When I went upstairs, there was definitely a dead fish on the floor. I nudged him a little bit and he didn't move. I called Matt because I had one girl crying her eyes out and another girl refusing to go back into her room because the fish "freaked her out." Christian was the only one who wanted to go in and find the fish.  Matt said to pick the fish up and flush him down the toilet.  Courtney didn't want that to happen, so I scooped him up into a little paper cup and put him in the kitchen to wait for dad to come home.

I eventually got Courtney settled down and Megan off to do her homework. Life was well again, except for the dead fish.

 Tonight, we went to Petco and got Courtney another new fish.

Apparently fish can jump out of aquariums in the middle of the night??

No comments:

Post a Comment