Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas is over!

This last week was relaxing, yet crazy. Is that even possible??

I used the first part of the week to finish up Christmas shopping. Maybe I should start earlier next year and then maybe I won't have to go out the night of the 23rd??

Christmas Eve we spent by ourselves.  Matt was able to get off of work early and we made it to the 4:00 pm service at church.  Courtney was part of a video that they played during the service and she did incredible! I had many positive compliments afterward.  After church, we came home and had a fancy meal, i.e. ate in the dining room with real dishes and had sparkling grape juice in wine glasses.

After our meal was over and dishes were done, we opened presents.  It was a great night as a family celebrating Jesus' birthday.

Christmas day took us to Lincoln to celebrate Christmas with my grandma. There were many people, along with two pets, in a house and it was a little tight, but we managed. People seemed to spread out more than they have in the past years and it actually didn't seem so crowded.

Friday was a day to do nothing. :)

Yesterday, we headed out to my parents' so we could have Christmas with my immediate family.  We ate a yummy meal and then proceeded to open presents from everyone. The kids loved everything they got!

Today we headed out to Matt's parents for Christmas.  Again, we ate our meal, which had a little bit of a twist to it, and then opened presents.  We got home about 7 tonight.

I will definitely be busy this week reorganizing the house and finding places for everything!

I think Christmas is officially over for us, now to get ready for a wedding next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment