Thursday, December 4, 2014

Down one car...

We haven't had  car troubles in a very long time! This ended yesterday. I was on my way to taking the kids to the homeschool learning center and our car started to smell like burnt plastic! I turned the heater off and it went away, but every time we got out of our car, you could definitely smell it.

I called Matt and he told me to call the car dealership.  I called and they thought it was probably the drive belt and that I should get it over there as soon as I could.  Matt took it over there last night and by noon, they had called Matt back and told them the problem.  A plastic sack had gotten stuck to the exhaust pipe and was melting! The technician said he tried to pull it off, but couldn't get it because it was melted so bad.  He said we will just need to deal with it until it all burns off.  Thankfully they did not charge us the $107 diagnostic fee!!

Now we need to get our van back and I can have my freedom again!

Honestly though, it's not hard to stay home. I am thankful that we homeschool and we have school to keep us busy!!  We just did more schoolwork today than I originally planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment