Saturday, October 11, 2014

Scheming Courtney

Matt and Courtney have been scheming around here lately.  I limit a lot of wheat in our house and Matt eats all the wheat he wants, which encourages the children to ignore mom's rules sometimes and go with dad.

Last night, I heard this conversation between Courtney and Matt as I was sitting in bed reading a book.

"Dad, I have a plan. Tomorrow morning when I wake up, I am going to come get you...very quietly so we don't wake mom up.  Then we are going to make ourselves some waffles, using the pancake mix in the cupbard (wheat, of course).  When we are done, we're going to wash all the dishes and when mom offers of breakfast, eat a little bit, but just tell her we're not so hungry. How does that sound??"

Courtney thought she was being sooo sneaky, but then I ruined her whole plan and said, "I heard that!!"

Then I heard, "Shucks!"

Honestly, it would be fun to see if they could pull it off! Last week when I got up, Matt was making them hole-in-the-middles (bread with the middle cut out and replaced with an egg.)  The kids need time with dad too, so honestly if it includes wheat here and there, it is worth it! I can step back once in a while and let dad take over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment