Friday, July 18, 2014

They passed!!!

School is officially over for the 2013-2014 school year!!!

We finished our final subjects today and we are DONE!!

Megan and Courtney both finished their 170th lesson in their math books and Megan took her final math test!

Courtney finished her phonics book today too. She had some problems on her final test on Wednesday, so we had to redo it today, but she persevered and scored 100%!

Now to pack those books away...and get out next year's books!

I am giving them about two weeks off and then we are going to start 2nd grade, 5th grade, and preschool for Christian. I know they are not getting much of a break, but we are going to be gone for 2-3 weeks in September again and I want to get a head start on our subjects.  I think the public school kids go back the week after (August 11th), so we are starting only a week earlier (except they have been out since May!)

Honestly, I don't think the kids would mind if we kept going. Odd, right? I think they like the structured time and after we were done today and declared that they had passed, Courtney had a "conference" with everybody and wanted to talk about next year! She wanted suggestions on what to learn and she gave me a list of students in next years classes. :)  I thought it was cute!

I have two weeks to figure things out for next year! Have I ever said I enjoy homeschooling???

No comments:

Post a Comment