Monday, July 28, 2014

New Muffin recipe

I have tried a lot of new foods in my house in the last six months. Some have worked and some have failed completely.  Some foods we eat for awhile and then my family refuses to eat them anymore.  I am kind of at a point now where I need to try some new things again. I feel I keep going back to the stand-bys and we aren't rotating our diets as much as I would like!

I have always wanted to cook with almond or coconut flour, but these are the recipes that don't work out as well as I would like (in other words, they fail!)  When you cook with coconut flour, you have to use a lot of eggs because the flour needs more moisture. Well, I still can't have real eggs and whenever I try to use my usual flaxseed replacement, they don't turn out.  I just haven't had any luck with almond flour at all!

But I will not give up! Here is a recipe for almond blueberry muffins and they do not need real eggs! It already has a replacement in the recipe. I might try these tomorrow morning for breakfast!!

http://www.damyhealth.com/2012/05/the-best-almond-flour-blueberry-muffins/

No comments:

Post a Comment