Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday

I don't know why, but Saturday is becoming a favorite day of the week for me.

We don't have any school to do.
We usually go out with friends.
I do not like to make any commitments to anything before 3 pm.
The kids can play.
Matt doesn't have to work.
I usually get a lot of housework done.

I wish I could do something different on Saturday, but this is just how it is working out lately. I kind of like cleaning all day because it gives me a sense of accomplishment that I don't get during the week!

And there was plenty to be done today- I got 3 loads of dishes through the dishwasher plus I handwashed two sinkfuls.

I am on my 3rd load of laundry. The amazing part of laundry is that I had at least two basketfuls in my room that needed to be put away. Mission accomplished.

We thought we were going to have friends over tonight, so I got all our Easter stuff put away, the rooms cleaned and vacuumed!  Then Christian decided to come down with a 102.6 temp and plans had to be cancelled. :(

I got banana muffins make for Christian. Rice Krispies were the next thing on my list until we cancelled our evening plans. I made some yummy tacos for dinner and now we have plenty of time to get showers done and get the kids to bed.

On a side note- I got a package in the mail today of Courtney's English for next year.  I am very tempted to start it, but I need to put it on the shelf until next year.  I also saw her math book and her math teacher's manual on ebay for super cheap, so hopefully I can get those bought in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment