Friday, April 19, 2013

Life is getting back to normal.

The week is coming to an end.

We had a really sad day on Monday, but we are all getting used to Dell not being here.

It is very wierd. 

Every time I come in the door from the garage, I want to say, "Dell! Where are you?" and then watch her come over to us.  Or yesterday I heard someone trying to get in our front door (it was Courtney) and Dell was not going crazy!  The trash men came by yesterday and nobody was there to bark at them!

It is wierd not letting a dog outside at night or letting her out in the morning. I just want to open the back door in the morning anyway!

It is wierd not tripping over all rugs that she has put in a pile to use as a pillow.  I can put my bathroom rugs back now! She would sleep in the bathroom and every morning they were a mess, so I just picked them up because I was tired of fixing them!

It is wierd knowing that we can be out as long as we want and not worry about getting home to let Dell out.  We can take a long vacation that we have been talking about doing. We were thinking about being gone for longer than a week and Matt really didn't want to take Dell along and I really didn't want to kennel her, so we hadn't made any plans. Maybe we can make plans now!

It is just very quiet around here.

This was one of her favorite places to lay - underneath the desk in the kitchen.
Septenber 2012

.
Megan watned me to post this one! It is Megan when she was 3 days old and Dell. November 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment