Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Break for mommy!

Right now I am hiding out in my office. Yes, I am. I need a break from my children.

Wednesdays are always harder than usual.

We have a class at the homeschool learning center at 12, so we have school from 9-11 am, then we eat lunch and go to class. After class, we usually go to the library, so we don't get home until around 2 pm.

Since we only had school for about two hours in the morning, we have to finish school after we get home.

Do you know how hard it is to get three kids back on track after being off for about three hours??

It's like pulling teeth sometimes.

Today was the same. I have found that the later in the afternoon we have school, the harder it is to keep them focused.  Megan has her lessons first in the day, so we only two subjects left to do with her when we got home. I then had to go over Courtney's lessons.

And it's not usually my girls who are the problem, it's my two year old son who is usually getting tired and cranky by this time in the afternoon.  All he wants at this time to sit on my lap or get into things he is not supposed to get into, but all I want is for him to go play by himself so I can finish teaching.  This usually ends up with lots of interruptions (either from him or me stopping teaching to discipline him), lots of time outs, and lots of crying, and lots of waiting on Courtney's part.

This is what happened today.  Ugh. I just wanted to teach Courtney!!

Hence, the reason I am hiding out!

No comments:

Post a Comment