Monday, April 1, 2013

Next school year

Just like any other school, I am already getting things ready for school for next fall!
(I guess we're homeschooling again!!

Things have worked out really well for us this year and I am going to be using almost the identical curriculum next year.

1.  Language Arts
I am going to be using Rod and Staff English with Courtney next year (2nd grade) and I think we are going to be using Spelling Workout B for her too. We will also continue to work out of her 1st grade Rod and Staff Phonics book, we should finish this about Christmas. Then we will start the 2nd grade Phonics program.  I may also pull out the Sonlight Grade 1 Language Arts. I started her on this last fall, but it was too hard, so I may try it again.

Megan will continue onto 4th grade Rod and Staff English and continue in her Spelling Workout Book, we didn't start this until after Christmas this year, so we are only on lesson 12 or so! We will also use Sonlight Language Arts, they have great writing assignments and I already have the program, so we will use it.

2.  Math
I am going to switch Megan to Saxon math 54 next year and Courtney is going to do Horizons math for 1st grade.

3. Science
I am going to continue to use Sonlight Science. We did the kindergarten curriculum this year (which really seemed like a 2nd or 3rd grade curriculum), so we are going to move up to the 1st grade curriculum next year.

4.  History
Megan is going to do Sonlight Core E next year, this is the 2nd half of American history. We are going to study up until 1850 this year in Core D, so we want to finish!

I may have to change things around the following year (Courtney 2nd and Megan 5th), but we will see.

5.  Bible
We will continue to work through our Bob Jones 3rd grade Bible Curriculum for both girls. We are not even half done with it, so it should last us all next year too. We will also be doing our program at church, so Bible is covered a couple of times. :)

This is where we stand unless I change my mind...



No comments:

Post a Comment