Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Motivation

Ok, so this has been about Courtney a lot lately, we will get back to the other kids soon. :)

Yesterday we implemented a new chore system.  I have talked with some other friends and they attach chores to the end of their school day.  Matt and I thought this sounded like a good idea, the new plan is school, homework, chores, and THEN you are free. "No fun til work is done!"

So we started yesterday. One of Courtney's chores is to clean her room. Guess what she did yesterday without complaing at all??? She cleaned her bedroom! Now, if you know Courtney, you could probably guess that you couldn't see her floor AT ALL. (again!)  She had it spotless by the time Matt got home last night. (Here's a side note...do you know what half of the items were on her floor??Dirty clothes!! She filled up the entire dirty clothes hamper with her clothes and when I went to go put her in bed, I still found more dirty clothes in her bed! )

Guess what her motivation was? Video games!

I usually don't ask Matt to play video games with the girls but last night, I did! Courtney worked so hard that I thought she deserved to play a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment