Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

I promised pictures for last Saturday, so here they are.

1. Matt and Megan putting up the Christmas tree. I admit it, this is a point of contigency between Matt and I. Every year when we do this together, it just doesn't work out right. I mean, I can never do it right. :) So, I was glad to hand this duty off to Megan this year!!

2. Courtney had the job of setting up the nativity scene on the bookshelf. We believe it needs to be in a prominent place where everybody can see it.





3. Courtney putting the angel on the top, right after she got it up, we heard a "crack" and then a couple more cracks and the tree started falling to the side! Matt reached out and grabbed it quick before it fell over!! 4. It was the base that broke on the tree, so Matt went downstairs and rigged a new stand together with wood. I guess this is the last year for the tree!






The tree standing after Matt fixed it, we never did get the angel back on the top.


5. My job was the fireplace, I think it looks great!


6. I also gave the garland to Courtney to decorate the railings on the staircase. Well, she came up with a new plan. Instead of putting it on the railing, she decided to CUT the garland in half and decorate her bed. I didn't know about her plan until it was all over...I guess her bed looks cute, right?


There you go, I think we are ready for Christmas. Maybe I should go shopping now and get some presents under the tree??

No comments:

Post a Comment