Friday, December 9, 2011

But mom, I promised!

Poor Courtney is taking her AWANA lessons to heart lately.

Everyday, I let her have an "ice cream break." Actually this is my way of giving her a little attention in the middle of homeschooling Megan in the middle of the afternoon.

We usually start school about 1:30 and by 3, Courtney is begging me, "Is it ice cream break yet?" I think she gets tired of playing by herself and this is something for her to look forward to, plus who doesn't like ice cream? Megan and I are usually due for a small break too, so it works out good.

Today, I saw the kids snacking quite a bit and I kept putting off "ice cream break." I thought they had eaten enough. She also can't read the clock yet, so I kept delaying it, hoping she might forget about it. About 4:20 though, she caught on. "Mom, is it ice cream break yet?" Then she went on, "I PROMISED daddy I would bring him some ice cream." She started to cry and continued, "I promised him!"

I said to Courtney, "Well, it's kind of past ice cream break time Courtney, but if you promised him, then you better take him some." She cheered up right away, we got the ice cream out, and she delivered some to Matt who was working in his office and of course, she had to have some herself.

Our lesson for AWANAS this week was on God's promises and when we say we promise something, then we better do it! (I don't know if this was what she was thinking, but this is the first thing I thought of!) Keep up the servants heart Courtney!!

No comments:

Post a Comment