Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Shower time!

Today was bath day, but since we were at the pool all day, I waited until tonight to wash them up.

Lately, we've been having both girls take a shower together. They can both wash their hair and themselves, so it's been working out great. Courtney does need a little help with her hair, but for the most part, it's been wonderful!

Tonight, I wanted to try some new shampoo on their hair to see if I could get the chlorine out better, so I thought I would help them. This is our old way of giving them a shower. I put both girls in, I rinse them off, give Megan shampoo and she washes her hair, I wash Courtneys, both girls wash themselves off with soap, I rinse them off and we are done.

Ugh, tonight I remembered why them doing the whole thing themselves causes me much less stress!

Here is all I heard:

(first rinse)
"The water is too hot!"
"The water is too cold!"
"The water is in my eyes!"
"I NEED a towel!" (not once, but about 3 times from each girl!)
"I want to stand there."
"She's in my space!"

(shampoo time)
"That's not enough!" or "That's too much!"
Tonight I heard, "That's the wrong shampoo, I want to use THIS stuff!"
"That hurts." (while scrubbing their head)
"I can do it MYSELF."

(Rinsing everything off)
"I don't want to put my head back, I would rather have soap in my eyes."
"The water is in my eyes, I need a towel (again!)."

(Drying off)
"I don't want that color of a towel!"

ME after they are out of the tub:
"Dry!"
"Get your bathrobe on!"
"Dry your hair better, it's still dripping down your back."
"What, you don't want to brush your teeth right now, oh well"
"Come here, I still need to brush your hair."
"Yes, you need to brush your teeth the entire two minutes!"
"Go get dressed, go get dressed, go get dressed."
"Put your bathrobe back in the bathroom."

Ahhh, I wanted to scream! As for Thursday night, they are on their own again!

After this all, I still had to give Christian a bath. At least he can't talk yet, he just cries at me.

The best part of it all- I haven't taken a shower yet today! Am I next??

(I know gross, right? But I knew I was going to be swimming all day and I'll take one right away tomorrow, I just didn't get to it today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment