Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Birthday Party is over!

Matt and I did it! We made it through the birthday party!

We were up at 7 am this morning getting things ready. We ended up skipping church, we hated to since we didn't go last week, but really needed the time. (Really, we will go next week!).

It is a challenge getting everything ready plus taking care of three children. We actually told Megan we would pay her fifty cents if she watched Christian, she did for awhile and then ran upstairs to play. He had to hang out in his pack n play while I mopped the kitchen floor.

And of course, the party cannot go on without some glitches.

Glitch #1 Matt went to Dollar Tree to get four ballons. When he got home, he opened the door to his truck and three blew out- gone! Well, he did go chasing after them, but they got away too fast. At least he had one. I called his mom and she picked up three more.

Glitch #2 The other day I ordered a MEAT tray from walmart, not a meat and cheese tray, but all meat. When Matt picked it up, he didn't noticed what is was. He got home and it was a meat and cheese tray, even though the order said a meat tray! I didn't think there would be enough meat on it, so again, I called his mom and she picked up some more meat for us (Only after picked up cheese because I thought there would only be meat on it!) Ugh, in the end, we didn't need any extra meat!

Glitch #3 We rented a table and 12 extra chairs for today. Next time, we're not going to rent any-nobody sat at the table and only 2 or 3 of the chairs were used. This seems to happen every time!

I will say though that I had the best cake today than I have ever had at the kids' birthday parties. I made it myself and it was also the cheapest one I've ever made! I was quite proud!

Now, I have to continue to clean up the mess tomorrow. Three days to clean, two hours to destroy, and another three days to clean up because I am so tired from cleaning originally and the party, it takes awhile to put everything back away!

In the end, I have a happy one year old, who finally took a bath at 9 pm to get the chocolate out of his hair from his cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment