Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Day!

Today was a new day and my goal was to not give the girls any sad faces on their chore charts.

(They have a column for "attitude." Most of the time, they get smily faces, but lately when their attitude has not been good, they get sad faces. At the end of the week, one sad face equals the loss of one nickel. This is not so bad, but Megan had four sad faces yesterday, hence my blog entry when I was very frustrated with her behavior!)

We stayed home this morning and then this afternoon we went to a bubble show at the local library. After that was over, I finally got Christian's one year pictures done at Portrait Innovations. Of course, they tried to sell me $500 worth of pictures, but no, I will only take the $9.95 package, thank you!

After that, we walked down to Scheel's and I let the girls ride the ferris wheel. We got to the ferris wheel and found out that Megan could've rode by herself, but Courtney could not because she was too short. Another grandma was there in the same predicimate with her grandchildren. It was funny because both of us adults refused to ride! The ferris wheel operator actually had a Scheel's emploee come and ride with our kids. I thought that was nice of them! Somebody had to stay on the ground with Christian, right??

We got back in the car and we weren't even out of the parking lot and the girls were fighting! They had done soooo well all afternoon. I gave them one warning, "You fight and you will automaically earn sad faces." They quit right there!

I think yesterday got to be too long of a day. Usually we stay home in the morning and then go out in the afternoon OR we go out in the morning, take lunches/ get lunch somewhere, and then stay out into the afternoon. Yesterday, we were home by 11:45 from swimming lessons PLUS it was rainy out, so I couldn't let them go outside to play. The girls were just not playing well yesterday, so I think it was a mixture of everything.

Tomorrow we have swimming lessons again in the morning, so hopefully our afternoon will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment