Friday, April 29, 2011

Why are we boycotting naps??

As of the last couple of days, Christian has not napped when we are at home. When we're out and about, he'll sleep in the car or stroller, but just not at home.

It all started last Thursday night when I went to mom's night out. I came home and after I nursed Christian and I went to lay him down, he would not let go of me! Once I peeled him off of me, he ended up crying for 2 hours because I would not sit and hold him all night. He fell asleep about midnight.

I had the same problem Friday. I went to put him down for his morning nap and he just grabbed onto my shirt as tight as he could and would not let go. Again, after I peeled him off, he cried for a couple of hours until he fell asleep.

Ever since then, I think it is pointless and I am refusing to wait for him to cry it out. One thing I have learned the last ten months is that he will not lay down and go to sleep on his own. During the last couple of days, I have nursed him to sleep like usual and when I move to lay him down, he wakes up. Even though he is extremely tired and needs to nap, he'll wake up. So, I've let him stay up and don't fight him for a nap.

I know, another bad habit, but really, I can either listen to him cry endlessly OR I can wake him back up and keep going with what we were doing. Plus he is usually happy once he wakes up a little bit. It is like he just needs a little catnap to get him through the next five hours or so. Today, he probably slept 1/2 hour the entire day and he was up at 6:45 this morning and I put him down at 9:30.

One thing though that is that he is exhausted by the end of the day and he crashes!

He has also had a runny nose the last couple of days, so you think he would need some rest to get better, but apparently not!

But really, can we give mom a break? Just a half an hour??

No comments:

Post a Comment