Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stress-free Sunday Mornings!

Things have changed around here to make Sunday mornings more stree-free.

For the last few years, we have always had a goal of leaving our house by 10 am to get to church, get kids to Sunday School, and then Matt and I get to the sanctuary by 10:30 for church to start.
We have always given the kids (plus ourselves) showers/ baths on Sunday mornings and it seemed to work. We had a system and we were always ready by 10.

Until Christian came along.

Now we had to get three kids plus two adults through the showers/ bath and to leave by 10. (Actually about 6 months ago, they moved the time that church starts to 10:45, so our new time to leave was 10:15).

Our problem was that we were always running late. I was running around at the last minute trying to finish getting the kids ready, packing the diaper bag, and getting myself ready. (Matt said we would be on time if I would just get up earlier to get everyone started, but who wants to do that? not me!)

Then I had a great plan- let's shower/bathe the kids on Saturday mornings!!

Ahhh, what a remarkable idea that was!! I cannot tell you how less-stressful Sunday mornings are. The girls just go to their rooms and get dressed. I get Christian dressed and we are all ready to go by 10. We actually have time to relax before heading out the door! It just makes the whole day go better!! I think we will stick with this plan for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment