Monday, February 28, 2011

Back to Square One

After being diagnosed with post-partum thyroiditis last October, the endocronologist decided to put me on a thyroid replacement for six months. I started out hyper-throid and then I went to hypo-thyroid and that is why I was on replacement medicine.

I was have trouble with my milk supply since I am breastfeeding and my doctor said this would help stabilize my thyroid levels, which it did, but lately, I have noticed that my jeans were a little loose, I was nervous about everything, and little bit irritable. I was also having heart palpatations again. These were the signs I started with back in October of hyper-thyroidism.

Last week, I called my endocronoligist and talked to the nurse about what was going on. In post-partum thyroiditis, you swing one way (hyper-thryoid), then swing the other way (hypo-thyroid), and then you eventually level out. I was concerned that maybe I had leveled out on my own and this thyroid replacement was pushing my numbers into the hyper range.

I was right! I went and got my blood tested on Friday and got the results back today. I have a high thyroid level! So after talking withe the endocronologist, I am going to go off my thyroid replacement medicine. She said I was on too high of a dose (this is not the original doctor that put me on the medicine). The doctor wants me to get my blood checked again in a month and see where I am!

I will probably feel better in a couple weeks or so. I am glad I don't have to take it because I had to take it at least an half an hour before I ate in the morning and I wouldn't always take it in time. :) But it did help me feel better and Christian finally put on some weight.

So no more medicine for me and we will just see how I feel for the next month!

(Have you ever tried to blog while keeping a 8 1/2 month old away from the cords underneath your computer desk??? I just did!)

No comments:

Post a Comment