Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas is over...

Christmas is over here at the Ruwe house.

We had our last Christmas party on Saturday. We had three the weekend before.

The presents are still downstairs, waiting to be taken upstairs and put away.

The decorations are off the tree, the tree still needs to come down though.

The garland is off the banister, the stockings are down, and the little decorations are put away.

I also have put away two nativity scenes that we put up.

I never get really excited about Christmas, so I really don't get into it much. But I do it for the kids. If it was up to me, we wouldn't put a tree up...or really anything. I'd be happy with a nativity scene because that IS the reason for the season.

But I have to admit, it is great watching the kids open presents. I love the smiles on their faces! Even watching Christian tear his paper off is presents is precious! It's fun being with family and seeing each other. I love taking pictures over the holidays. I love having Megan home for two weeks. :)

I just wish that there would be more of an emphasis on the birth of Jesus. We go to Christmas parties, but not once do we mention why we get together. It is odd that I know many, many families who aren't Christians and don't believe in Jesus, but yet they still celebrate Christmas. Why? If you don't believe that he came to earth to save us from our sins, why are you celebrating his birth? Or are you just doing what everybody else does? Our culture has really gotten away from where it should be.

Anyway, off on a tangent there, back to taking care of three kids. :)

1 comment:

  1. Charla,
    This is a sweet blog. I always think Christmas is just getting us towards Easter and thats what the purpose of Christmas really is.
    But I do love spending time with all the family. Thanks for the tangent, I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete