Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back to School

I was waiting for them to call school off for a 3rd day in a row last night.

The prediction for 8 am was -2 degrees and -17 degrees windchill.

I waited again this morning for a phone call, but nothing. So off to school Megan went!

Except Matt and I couldn't bear to let her stand out in the cold and wait for the bus, so I took her to school. My car said 0 degrees on the way home and luckily, it wasn't that windy.

I told her to bring the bus home if she doesn't hear frome me. It's supposed to be 9 degrees this afternoon!

I told her we might go do some errands (I have a list since I've been home for 3 days!), but I doubt we will do them today. Too cold. It's supposed to be 20 degrees tomorrow- we can wait until then!

We have AWANA tonight anyway, so we will get out today.

And heck if I stay home this afternoon, maybe Christian will take a nap.

My theory of the day with him:

Whenever he whines= feed him
No nap unless he falls asleep on me and can't keep his eyes open anymore.
I'm tired of rocking him for sleep for 20 minutes only to have him sleep in his bed for 5.
I'm going to try to keep him awake as long as I can.
Monday he didn't take a nap until 3 pm and yesterday it was 2 pm. No morning nap.
He's had a 20 minute nap already today, probably because he was up from 4:45-5:45 this morning! (He gets a free pass though because it was 55 degrees in our house.)

He's trying to curl up on my lap now and go to sleep, I'm not going to help at all.
If he falls asleep, I will lay him down, but if not, wake up!!

It might be time to eat again anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment