Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Night and Day Difference

I haven't had a chance to blog in a couple of days. Partly because of little Christian and partly because my hands still hurt from my pinched nerve in my back. I've been going to a chiropractor and it's getting better, but we're not 100% better yet! I'm feeling really good right now and Christian is sleeping, so we'll try to do this quick!

I was thinking today about how smooth the day was going. Christian has been happy, he has ate good, and has taken good naps in his BED! When he's been awake, he's been content to lay on the floor or in his swing. Therefore, I am much happier! I have energy today and even got some housework done. After Megan got home from school, they helped clean too. Ahh, I love it!

Megan and Christian also had some time to bond after school.

I think Courtney put the rabbit ears on his head, but both girls thought it was hilarious!
Poor Christian, I think he's saying, "What did those sisters do to me now??"







This is so much better when compared to last Monday! Christian was a trainwreck! He woke up at his usual time and by 10 am, he was down for a morning nap. I thought we were doing good! (I'm figuring out that instead of putting him back down for a nap an hour after he got up, that I really should feed him again and keep him up a little bit longer). He woke up at 11, so I thought he would be happy. I was WRONG!! I fed him and tried until 1:30 to get him back down for another nap. Obviously nothing ws working and the poor boy was just getting crankier (somebody was tired)!

I tried to put him down in his swing, in his swing swinging, in his swing swinging with music on, in his bouncy seat, and in his crib. Nothing worked. I would always rock him to sleep and five minutes after I put him down, he was back up crying. I was so frustrated! I was trying to get lunch in the middle of all this too and Courtney was contstantly asking me to play with her. I feel terrible when I have to say, "Not now Courtney, I'm working with your brother."

About 1:45, I was ready to pull my hair out and I said, "Fine, I'll hold you then!" So I sat down in the recliner and for the next hour and a half, I held him while he slept. In the meantime, Courtney had come downstairs and asked if we could watch her new movie, Snow White. I thought, if I'm going to sit here and hold this child, I might as well watch a movie too!

The movie was over about 3:30 and I decided to put him back in his swing so I could be ready when Megan got home. He went into his swing great and then slept for another hour. After a 2 1/2 hour nap, he was happy again! AHHH.

Like I said, today has been completely different than Monday! Whatever it is, I hope it lasts!

1 comment:

  1. he needed his grandma fix yesterday i think!!the bunny ears r cute!!

    ReplyDelete