Saturday, September 18, 2010

MOPS

I just pulled up my blog and noticed I haven't posted for 4 days! Wow, that is unlike me!
We had quite a bit going on the end of the week, I must not have made time to blog about it.

Friday we started MOPS at Christ Community Church. I like doing MOPS for a variety of reasons. 1. Time away from my children. As much as I love them, I need a break. 2. Preschool time for Courtney. She is the only one out of her group of friends not in preschool this year. It is hard for me to justify when she has sunday school, AWANA, and MOPS. 3. Time to meet some new moms. I have some great friends, but it is always nice to meet some new people and get a new perspective on things. 4. Sit back and learn something new from the speakers.

Why at Christ Community? Even though I attend Brookside and they have a MOPS program, I was not so impressed with Brookside last year (sh, don't tell anyone!). I was in MOPS there right after Megan was born and it made me so frustrated that I didn't go back for 5 years! I joined up again last year because I didn't want to do Bible study again. It was better than it was 5 years ago, but still, there seemed to be a lot of wasted time, it was very expensive and I had to serve in the nursery and their polices made me mad, and it just didn't seem like the topics related to mothering. I made some great friends, but I was not overly impressed with the program.
It also bothered me that they did not talk about Jesus at all. You could be an aetheist and come to MOPS at Brookside and you would be fine. Not what I wanted.

So this year, I still wanted to do MOPS, but not necessarily at Brookside. They have MOPS on Thursdays and I want to keep Thursdays open to play with Courtney's friends from MOMS Club, so I really didn't want to do it then. Some of my friends attend MOPS at Christ Community and theirs meet on Friday. They said I should join their group, it seemed like it would work for our schedule, but I was still hesitant. I didn't know anybody AND I didn't know anybody who would be watching my children, especially my baby. My friends said it was an awesome program (one of them attended Brookside MOPS and said this was MUCH better). So last week, I called them up and signed up! If I didn't, I would never have any time away from my children (even though I love them dearly).

We started Friday and it was awesome! The moms were so friendly and encouraging, Courtney had a great time, and I even put Christian in the nursery for awhile and he did great! I am excited to go back in two weeks! (And if you are wondering, it cost less and they don't expect you to serve in the nursery as much!) I think it will work out for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment