Thursday, September 9, 2010

Solution Needed

This is the 2nd day in a row that Megan almost missed the bus. Ok, we weren't as close as yesterday, we were at least at the bus stop today when the bus came down the street.

Should I threaten to not take her to school if she misses the bus?
Should I send her out with shoes and socks on? Should I set a timer for her to get dressed by? If it goes off, then what? How can I get her to get dressed faster?

We try to get ready on time, we really do!

I think one solution is to have her pick out her clothes the night before, including underwear!! And if I had all the clothes washed and put away, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Today we were in the laundry room getting clothes because they were folded and in a basket, just not put away!

Then she wanted her hair in a bun and I wasn't doing it quite right and I had to redo it and in the meantime, Christian is screaming at me. I still don't think she liked her hair when she left, but she didn't have a choice!

But still, she went off with a smile! I hope she has a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Set a timer and when it goes off if she's not dressed send her to school in her pajamas. Another thing to try is make sure she's all ready before you do her hair. If there's no time then nothing gets done with it.

    ReplyDelete