Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Holidays are over!

Wow! We have had a great time celebrating Christmas and the new year. We let all four children stay up on New Year's Eve to ring in the new year.  The two year old lasted until 11:15, the seven year old lasted until about 11:30, and the rest of us made it until 12! We passed the last hour by playing Phase 10 and enjoying root beer floats! (Yes, at 11:30 pm!, I figured we were all so tired that the sugar might not affect us too bad!)

I had told the girls last week that I wanted to get back to math and English this week. As I went to tuck the girls in last night, Courtney said, "Mom, I am really dreading tomorrow. We have to go back to school." I said, "School? No, we aren't going back to school yet." She jumped for joy! I told her I needed some order back in my life before we went back to school! Our kitchen was a disaster and the whole first floor of my house needed some order. 

Guess what we did today? We got the place back in order! Even though that is done, there are still a couple of things I want to get done before we go back to school! I want to get the sitting room clean, get some old curriculum sold, and get some pictures on the walls. I am not asking for much, but I just want it done!

Today we cleaned in the morning and then this afternoon, we went out and got groceries. It was cold, but we survived! Tomorrow we are having some friends over, so we will probably just get a few things done in the morning. Maybe Thursday morning we will try to pull out the math and English. I just tell the girls that the more we do now, the less we have to do in the summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment