Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Micah's new "thing"

Micah is at the age now where he pretends play and has a great imagination! Some days he is hilarious, but other times he makes more work for me with his imaginary play.

Last night was one of them.  He loves pulling my small appliances out of the cupboard and playing with them. This would involve the waffle makers, blender, toaster, and crock pots. He really does no harm and as long as I keep an eye on them, he is fine.  He doesn't plug them in and just plays. It keeps him busy. :)

About a week ago though, he had found a bucket of crayons and decided to fill the pitcher of the blender up with crayons. I said he was making a "crayon smoothie" for me. He was so cute because he was saying, "Cover your ears. It's loud!" And then, "Want some?"

Last night though, he took it to the next level. I was grading papers and not watching him very closely. He decided to put crayons in the toaster. :(  By the time I saw him, he had it pretty full. Have you EVER tried to get crayons out of a toaster?? Well, it doesn't work so well!!!

He was also putting the crayons in a pitcher and calling it "apple juice." Last night, he got me a cup and poured me some of his "apple juice." It was so yummy! :)

As I write this, he is back at it. He put crayons in the crock pot last night and is moving them into the blender this morning. He is counting the scoops as he goes (one, two, three, etc.) I guess he wants his "crayon smoothie" for breakfast!! "

(And yes, before we use any of these appliances, I will wash them and get all the crayon stuff out of them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment