Thursday, January 18, 2018

Broken oven :(

I am so sad; my oven in broken.  :(   If you know me, you know that I bake A LOT!!

I actually learned my oven was broke the hard way. I put an apple crisp in one morning, smelled something burning, opened my oven and smoke billowed out plus I had a burnt apple crisp.  This was about 15 minutes into the bake time.  The apple crisp was salvageable, but there was something clearly wrong with my oven.

After Matt took it apart a little bit and did some research online, he thought that my temperature regulator was bad. He checked that specifically, but that was still good. The temperature regular leads back to the computer panel, so we are pretty much assuming that the computer panel is bad. After looking online a little bit more for a new part, we found out that it would be $325 to fix!!! That is about the price of a new stove!

We went and looked at new stoves last night. We looked at flat tops, convention ovens, gas ranges, etc. and I don't really know what I want. Matt doesn't want to spend an arm and a leg either, although I think he would prefer to get a gas range with a convention oven. We will do some more research on them.

Until then though, I have been using the convention oven in my microwave to bake items! I haven't used it in years, so I forgot how it worked! Once I pushed a few buttons and figured it out, I got it working! I made granola in there yesterday and today I am making some jellied rolls. This is the best I got until I get a new oven! Hopefully that will be soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment