Tuesday, December 26, 2017

I survived!!

Christmas is fun and a great time to celebrate Jesus' birth, but it is definitely one of the most stressful times of the year!!!  And unfortunately, a lot of the stress falls on mom. :(  I tried to explain this all to Matt one night who didn't have to buy any presents or get any meals ready. He asked me what would happen if I didn't get everything done like I wanted, and I responded, "We will have some very disappointed kids!" 

But in the end, Matt and I went on a two hour shopping spree on Saturday morning and finished everything up! I was very thankful!! The hardest thing to do is to buy presents with four kids in tow. I try to buy a lot online, but then I have to stay up late and order what I need. And with Micah not going to bed until 10 pm, I was up late a few nights this last month!

But it is all over now! (Actually we still have one more party next Sunday and I have three more presents to buy.)

We are taking the week off of school, so I am going to have to find something for everybody to do, especially Christian. I thought about going to down to the Children's Museum one of these days.  The girls are actually going shopping with grandma today, and I thought about taking the boys out somewhere, but it is supposed to be -8 degrees windchill all day. That may not be worth it! I think we could clean Christian's room instead!!!

I am not sure about next week. The public school kids don't go back until January 8th, but I don't think we need two weeks off. I am thinking we can go back next week some time.  The more I get done now, the less I have to do in the summer. :)  Plus we are at the end of some of our curricula, and I am anxious to move on to new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment