Monday, January 15, 2018

Hives again?


We have been on a roll lately. The last time Micah broke out with hives was last June from grandpa blowing raspberries on his tummy (weird, right?). I have been very careful with what he eats and it hasn't really been an issue.

Last night we were over at  friends house, and they let their dog out into the area where all the adults were.  In the past, Micah has been allergic to dog dander, but just recently, we had him retested and his numbers went WAY down! About a year ago, we were over there though and this dog licked him and he broke out in hives on his face.  I kind of assumed he had outgrown this since his numbers went way down.

Last night, I looked over at Micah and their dog was licking Micah on his face! I told the dog to get away, and then told the owners that Micah will break out in hives.  The owner then told me that dog's saliva is sterile, and that it won't cause hives. I just responded with, "Well, it has happened before."

Not even five minutes later, I looked at Micah and he had hives on his face, right where the dog licked him!! I said, "See?? He broke out in hives!" Again, the owner said, "Well, he was rolling on the carpet a little bit ago." HUH?? I think he was assuming that the hives came from the dander in the carpet and not from the licking. I beg to differ.

So, apparently, Micah is still allergic to dog saliva! I may call the allergist and just reaffirm this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment