Monday, September 4, 2017

A Very Productive Labor Day!

I am going to take a break for the day from vacation photos. I need to throw some blogs up about our regular life around here! That is half the point of my blog!

Today was Labor Day and since we didn't go camping anywhere for the weekend, we stayed home and relaxed. Well, kind of.  I insisted that we do some schoolwork. (How dare I??)  I told the girls that they were getting Wednesday off and today would make up for Wednesday.  After telling one certain 11 year old to stop complaining about going to school on Labor Day, we sat down and got a math lesson done.  She was done in about ten minutes! Rough!! I then turned to the 13 year old old and got her pre-algebra done; that took a little bit longer! I am relearning pre-algebra all over again! Unfortunately, I ran out of time to get to Christian!

I also knew that there would be some great sales today that I wanted to take advantage of. I am in dire need of a new food processor! I didn't use one the first 15 years of our marriage and now I use mine almost daily.  Megan dropped a piece one day and started a crack in the bowl and since then, it has just gotten worse, but always kept working. I took it along on our trip and one day while it was out, Christian decided to see how "it worked." Well, he finished it off and it didn't "work" the last part of our trip. I was not happy. :(  The base works just fine, it is just the bowl and other top plastic parts that broke. It would have cost $60 to get replacement parts, so I bought a brand new one at Kohl's today for $77. I am thankful for their 20% off plus $10 off when you spend over $25!!!

After I laid Micah down for a nap, the girls and I headed out to pick it up. We were also on a mission to find Courtney some new shoes. She has had a pair of tennis shoes since April, and she already has a hole in each shoe. This child wears them nonstop! She did not wear sandals all summer.  With basketball coming up, she really needed a new pair. We ended up at the mall today and found her a pair of Under Armour basketball shoes on the clearance for $16!! I told her that since these would be for basketball, she really needed another pair of everyday shoes. We went to Penney's and found her another pair of tennis shoes for $25. Not bad!

Matt and I also are not very good when it comes to getting our kids birthday presents, so she saw an emoji pillow and I bought it for her. :) She was pretty happy!

Tomorrow we are back to school. We have math and English going, so I think we might add spelling and writing in tomorrow. Matt is having surgery on Wednesday, so that day is gone, but then we will be back at it on Thursday and Friday. Hopefully next week, we will be going 100%. I have a lot of preparing to do yet. It's sometimes hard to teach each subject for three different grades!!

No comments:

Post a Comment