Saturday, September 16, 2017

New Recipes?

We are kind of in a meal rut around here. Many of us are tired of the same meals we have been making the last few years, and the kids have been begging for some new recipes.

Here is how the last two nights went with new recipes.

On Thursday night, I made lasagna, which I haven't made in YEARS! I made one pan of regular wheat noodles, plus I added the eggs with the ricotta cheese mixture.  In addition, I made a pan of gluten free noodles and instead of eggs, I used egg replacement because Micah is allergic to eggs. I had two 9x13 pans of lasagna. This was a lot of work, but it turned out GREAT and we may see lasagna again in our future. Everybody loved it!

Last night, I made a chicken and rice casserole, but I also added a bag of frozen broccoli, so it was really a chicken-rice-broccoli casserole. Well, I thought it was great! One certain child of mine told me it looked like puke, and after saying it two to three times, I asked her to please go to the other room until she could talk nicely.  She ate a little bit, and said she was done. Matt also didn't like it because I used rice milk for the creamy base. I don't used canned soups at all anymore, and I usually don't use cow's milk at home to cook.  Four of us ate it and didn't complain.  Not as much as a "win" as I would have hoped.

Off to find the next new recipe!

PS I have even stopped buying the ingredients to meals that I am personally "done" with, such as chili. The kids keep asking for it, and I keep saying, "Sorry, we don't have the ingredients. I must have missed that at the store!" :)









No comments:

Post a Comment