Thursday, September 14, 2017

INTERRUPTIONS!

When people ask how school is going so far in our house, I respond with, "Well, we are getting there."  The first few weeks, we just did math and English to get going. I thought things went great. Micah played well by himself and I didn't have much trouble.

The last week or so, I added back ALL the subjects. Guess who does not want to cooperate anymore?? Micah!! He is the great interrupter!! Hold me, get me a drink, put my trucks back together, snack, diaper change, etc, etc, etc. It is always something!! And of course, I don't really want to stop teaching to help him, so the girls will usually pop up and help.  (I do help him occasionally.) But these last two days have been pretty bad. :( 

This morning, he was fussy and whiny, so I decided to put him down for a nap. I thought if I took the time to read him stories and the whole bit, then he would sleep at least 1 1/2 hours for me while I could work on school. (Lately, I have just been rocking him to sleep as I read to the kids.) WRONG! I started to put him to bed at 9:45 am and I was still in his room at 10:30 and he STILL wasn't sleeping. I got him back up and brought him back downstairs. I knew he was tired though.  From 10:30-12, he just whined and whined and bothered us and just couldn't play on his own. I got him a drink, I gave him snacks, I picked him up, but nothing worked. Around 12, we were finishing schoolwork and he just couldn't control himself anymore.  I decided that he really needed a nap! I put him in his bed and let him have a fit for about 30 minutes. Eventually he went to sleep and has been sleeping the last 1 1/2 hours. Unfortunately, we are on our lunch/ recess break, so this doesn't really help me!

If Micah isn't giving me trouble, then Christian is. We brought all the trains downstairs for both boys to play with, but they just can't seem to play well together. I have to keep breaking up fights and figuring out who was playing with what.  I kind of want to split all the train stuff  into two piles and put each boy and a pile in their separate corners!! GET Along!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment