Thursday, September 21, 2017

Not a fun day!!

Before I got braces, I knew I had three cavities that were located in my front top teeth. I cringed when I found this one. I had one there a few years ago and I still remember getting it fixed. Those top teeth are SOOO sensitive! I did not want to do it again! But now I had three! UGH!

Since they were discovered before I had braces, my dentist recommended me getting braces and moving my teeth a little bit. If not, he would have to drill through the front of my teeth to get to them and then everybody could see my lovely cavities for the rest of my life. (They would fill them in white, but he said they still stain pretty easily and you can never match color 100%).  He recommended that I get braces, move my teeth, and then he could go in through the back of my teeth and nobody would ever know!

Now that I have had my braces awhile, I figured now was as good as time as ever to get them fixed. But it was such a hassle! First, I had to go to my orthodontist and have him take off my rubber bands and wires. Then I had to go to my dentist and have the cavities filled. Finally, I had to go back to my orthodontist and have them put my rubber bands and wires back on. Making these appointments was very challenging, but I made it work!

My first orthodontist appointment was at 10:20 am and I had to be at my dentist by 11:20 am. I had my cavities filled by 1 pm, and I needed to be back at the orthodontist by 2 to get my wires put back on.  My mouth was not back to normal until about 4 pm.  It was really an all day ordeal!! My kids were thrilled that they got out of school all day!

On the bright side, my dentist said my orthodontist is doing a great job with my teeth. He says they have rounded out quite well and look so much better!  I get my bottom brackets on in two weeks, and I am anxious to see how those will straighten out!

Hopefully this is the end of cavities! They are NO fun! ( They are no fun to get fixed AND to pay for!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment