Sunday, September 17, 2017

You going to take a nap?

Micah is all over the place when it comes to his naps. Most of the time, he needs one. It just depends on when he gets tired. Last week, he was in bed one morning by 10 am. Sometimes he is not tired until 3:30 pm. There has been days when he has gone all day without a nap and has been asleep by 8:00 pm for the night.  He has never been on a consistent nap schedule, and I am sure he will never be at this point!  (As you can tell, I don't schedule my life around his naps like I did the other three children!)

Yesterday we were home all day. Matt has surgery in two weeks, so he is still restricted on what he can do.  I got some cleaning done yesterday, and we just relaxed. Courtney and Matt played a LOT of Minecraft. Anyway, Micah was fine all day. He never got crabby or yawned, so I didn't put him down. About 7 pm last night, Matt was grilling and Micah really wanted to go outside and slide! It was pretty cool and rainy out, so nobody wanted to take him. He was not taking "no" for an answer and proceeded to have a fit about it! I scooped him up and started rocking him. Within two minutes, the boy was asleep! The bad thing was that I was in the middle of getting dinner ready!

Since it was 7 pm, I didn't know if he was just going to take a nap or if he would be out for the night. He usually sleeps a 1 1/2 hours, so if it was a nap, he would be up at 8:30 pm, and then I thought I would surely be up until at least 11 pm with him!!

I laid him on a pillow on the living floor, and he continued to sleep all the way through dinner.  We were eating cherry pie and homemade ice cream about 8:30 pm when he woke up. Just as predicted. :)  He had some ice cream and some other food for dinner and went back to playing awhile.

About 10 pm, he started to yawn and get sleepy! YES!! I asked him if he wanted to go to bed and he said, "Yes," so I put his pajamas on him and put him to bed. He was asleep by 10:30!

Now, if I am only up until 10:30 pm with a boy who takes a nap at 7 pm, I don't mind at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment