Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Up too Early!

Do you know what happens when a little toddler goes to bed about 10:30 pm?? He is up at 5:55 am!!

Why is it that if kids go to bed late that they are usually up early?? I got to bed later than Micah, so I wanted to sleep in a little bit. I guess he had different ideas. Hopefully we will take a nap today!

On a bright note though, he has been going to sleep ALL BY HIMSELF for the last few nights. We will read books, sing, and pray and then I put him in his bed. I have been sitting down beside his crib until he goes to sleep, otherwise I know he will scream because he does not like to be by himself. After about 10-15 minutes, he is sound asleep. I am thrilled!!! I tried to put him down for a nap yesterday the same way, but he didn't go to sleep.  We will keep trying.

We are also down to one nursing session a day, which is right away in the morning. I don't know how long he will hold onto this one. Sometimes during the day when he is hungry and tired, he will sign me "milk." I just tell him that the milk is all gone and offer him something else. This usually works! He understands me very clearly. :) I am glad this weaning process is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment