Sunday, June 25, 2017

And then there was none!

We were down to one last feeding for Micah. When he asked for "milk" in the morning, I would feed him. My rule was that once he didn't ask for it, I wasn't going to offer it. It took him about ten minutes yesterday to ask for it, so I knew we were coming to an end.

Today it happened. I saw down in the chair as usual and turned the news on. Matt got him out of bed, so he snuggled with him a little bit and then gave him to me. He then snuggled with me awhile, but did not ask for "milk." I kept waiting. He wanted to read a few books, so we did and when it was obvious he wasn't going to ask, I asked him if he wanted something to eat. He shook his head "yes" and we got up and went into the kitchen. I put him in his chair and got him something to eat.

I have mixed emotions about it. We were pretty much done anyway, but knowing we are finally done, is something else! Nursing is such an incredible journey and we had a great one! I didn't have any trouble with supply at all! I even went to Cabo for four days and when I came back, he continued nursing like a champ! Even with all his food sensitivities and allergies, we did it!

 I am glad though that he is weaned before we go on our trip (even if we were just nursing in the morning.)

So I think we are officially done! 19 1/2 months of mama's milk!!! He weaned himself, just like I wanted him to!

(Now let's see if he asks for it tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment