Thursday, June 29, 2017

And the countdown is on!

We have a little over a week until we leave on our trip! YIKES!!! There is soooo much to do!

I finally got everything with my eyes taken care of. Since I had such a drastic change of prescription, I ended up ordering new contacts. I got another box of 90 daily wear contacts; hopefully these will last me two years again. I also got a brand new pair of glasses. I found a pair on the clearance rack and just got plastic lenses. I didn't think it was worth it to get the anti-glare since I don't wear them all the time. I am just waiting for my contacts to come in and then that is all done. I picked up my new glasses yesterday and things are so much clearer! Funny how that works!!

This week Courtney has been attending a basketball camp in the mornings, so I have not been able to do much around the house to get ready. It is only for a 1 1/2 hours in the mornings, so I usually find some errands to run. Today she has basketball camp in the morning, and then she has a birthday party in the afternoon at the same time that Megan is taking a knitting class at the library. These two events were not on the same day when I signed them up! They are both at the same time, but about 20 miles apart. I think I am going to be doing some driving today and hopefully it doesn't storm!

In regards to the trip, I have been doing a lot of research online on campgrounds in Canada since that is towards the beginning of our trip.  I have it nailed down to three campgrounds in the Ottawa area. They are each about 20 kilometers (not miles!) outside of Ottawa. We aren't going to be there until about two weeks into our trip, but we will be there on a weekend, so I would like to get some sites reserved.  We have the first two weeks reserved already.  I don't want to reserve sites too far ahead of time either and then we don't have any "wiggle room" incase we want to stay somewhere longer or leave earlier! I might get those booked tonight.

The boys' birth certificates came the other day, so that is taken care of too! They can officially get back into the United States! Now we just can't forget to take them! HAHA! That would ruin the entire trip!!!

As for school, Courtney finished her current chapter in English the other day, so she is done there. There are two chapters left in the book, but we just need to be done. She took a chapter test in math yesterday and scored a 100%. All she has left to do is her final math test on Friday, and she is done with the 5th grade book! I keep telling her the 6th grade book is VERY challenging. She is going to have to put her thinking cap on!

Megan finished her 7th grade math book about a week ago. I thought we would get through some material in the 8th grade book, but that isn't going to happen. We got through a few lessons, but not as much as I wanted. She will just start in prealgebra in the fall.  She took a chapter test in English yesterday, and she also has two chapters left that we need to skip. There is an eight page final for English that I would like to have her do on Friday. I will probably let her do it open book and skip all the items on there that are in the last two chapters. Honestly, she could probably figure it all out though! 

With this all done, I will officially declare us done with school. We all need a break!

Ok, time to get the crew out of bed and ready for the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment