Monday, April 24, 2017

Trouble before church

We had quite the interesting morning yesterday before church.

1.  Courtney wanted to make some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, which I said was fine. She hadn't made them by herself yet, so I told her to go ahead, and I would stay around if she had any questions. She was doing a great job and had everything put in. Megan walked in and both of them decided to taste the batter to see if it tasted fine. I was nursing Micah at the time and I heard, "This is DISGUSTING!!! UGH!! It tastes like salt! EWWW!!!" and they were spitting the batter into the trash can.

I asked Courtney how much salt she was supposed to put in and she responded with, "1/2 teaspoon." I asked her how much she put it and she said, "1/2 cup." I said, "WHAT?? YOU PUT IN A 1/2 CUP OF SALT??" I pretty much made her cry! I didn't quite believe her when she told me that so I had her bring me the measuring cup she used. It was the 1/2 cup. I then asked her to bring me the salt containers and she did. She had emptied the salt shaker and used even more from a salt container in the cupboard. She really did use 1/2 a cup of salt!!!

I said she only had one option and that was to throw that batter out and start over. She said, "But I worked so hard!!" She worked about 45 minutes to put that batter together, and she did not want to start over. She was also rather upset at the time!  Instead, Megan got up and made the next batter and with 45 minutes left until we had to leave for church, we finally had some yummy, salt free cookies!

2.  I am always the last person to get ready for church on Sunday mornings. Micah is usually still eating breakfast when I head upstairs, so I lay out clothes for him and Matt gets him dressed. On Sunday, I laid him out an outfit. It was a dinosaur onesie and some navy blue pants with a dinosaur on the bottom. I also laid him out some socks. 

When I got done getting ready, I walked by his room and his pile of clothes were gone, so I knew Matt got him dressed. I saw the socks I picked out still on his dresser, so I assumed Matt got another pair out of his drawer.  Matt already had him in the car when I came down, so I didn't see for sure what Matt put on him. But I laid it all out, so there shouldn't be a problem. Right??

When we got to church and Matt got him out of his car seat, my jaw dropped! They were not the clothes I had picked out!!! He had on the blue dinosaur pants, but a different navy blue onesie. They were two different colors of blue! I said to Matt, "What did you put on him??" He replied with, "The clothes you laid out." I said right back, "These aren't the clothes I laid out. What happened to his dinosaur onesie? The one that goes with these pants??" Matt said that he had that on him, but didn't think it was the right one, so he changed him. He said this navy blue onesie was also his dresser, so he thought this one was the one I wanted on him.  I said NO!!!  I was a little irate! But there was nothing I could about it. My child was going to church in mismatched clothes. Oh and his socks, Matt put on a pair that were too small.

Maybe I need to check ALL my children before they walk out the door! Even the baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment