Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Oh Micah!

Micah sure made us laugh the other day. It was in the morning, and I was working at the table with Megan on her Language Arts. Micah was in the living room, and he had ahold of the Fire TV remote. He knows this what we use this to play music, and he loves his music! He had it and  was acting like he was speaking into it (in order to get the music to play). I thought this was pretty harmless, but then he started pushing buttons.



The TV was on and we just thought he was being cute. At one point, I saw that he started a movie. I told Courtney to go in there and turn it off AND to take the remote away from him, which she did. She came back to the kitchen and said it was some kind of zombie movie.  A few minutes later, I heard the Dora theme song. He had the remote again and was pushing more buttons. I asked Courtney to go into there again,  take the remote away, and just turn the TV off! She did exactly as she was told and I thought the problem was done for the day.

Fast forward a couple of hours and the phone rings. It is Matt. He RARELY calls during the day, so I knew something was up. He was getting some emails from Amazon, and they said that he purchased a $14 movie and had subscribed to PBS kids for $5 a month! He asked if I knew anything about this and I said, "Not really." Then he asked if anybody was playing with the fire TV and then I knew that it was Micah!!  Our certain one year old had ordered the zombie movie and signed himself up for PBS kids!!! I could not help but to laugh!!!

Matt was looking on Amazon to see how to get a refund for "child accidently ordered movie" and it said you could only get your money back if you had not begun to stream it yet. Well, Micah had streamed it for one minute! This morning, we chatted with somebody at Amazon and they refunded our money for the movie and the PBS subscription.

After we were done getting our refund, Matt put some parental controls on our fire TV. No more ordering movies for Micah!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment