Monday, April 24, 2017

Another disease has made an appearance

Here is what my week has looked like:

Thursday. Micah 102 fever. Beginning of red spots. I (and my mom) diagnosed him with hands, foot, and mouth disease. 

Friday. Micah's fever was gone, but more spots were appearing. I confirmed his diagnosis with his doctor. She said it is highly contagious and to watch the other kids for it.

Saturday. Micah has more spots appearing, but he is back to normal.

Sunday. Christian had a basketball game and did not play very well. We assumed he was just being his normal stubborn self and kind of got upset at him, but once we got home around 2:30, he collapsed on the couch and said he was shivering. He had a 102 temp!!! No wonder he didn't play very well! I figured that if anybody was going to catch HFM disease from Micah, it was going to be Christian. I was pretty sure Christian was now coming down with it.

A couple of hours later, Matt said he didn't feel well. He had a sore throat and just didn't feel right.

Monday. Christian's fever is gone, and I can only see a few red spots. He might get by without many at all! Quite the opposite of Micah because he is quite spotted! 

Around 2 pm, Matt walked in from work. It is never good when he comes home early. He said he just wasn't feeling right and wanted me to look in his throat for white spots.  He opened his mouth and I said, "Yep, there's a big white spot right there on the left side." He just groaned! He said that one of is co-workers just had strep and he thought he might have it too. He left to go to the doctor and sure enough, he tested positive for strep AND an ear infection. How odd!

So I have had two cases of hands, food, and mouth disease PLUS a husband with strep throat here within the last few days. 

So far, us three girls have been clear of all of this, let's just keep it that way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment